Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Submitted! And a lesson in waiting...

Our paperwork was officially submitted to Ukraine's State Department of Adoptions last week on 10/27. They told our translator our letter of invitation should be available to be picked up between November 6 and 10. This week, however, Ukraine's Prime Minister issued a 3 week quarantine because of the swine flu epidemic in western Ukraine. There's to be no school nor any public meetings. We are being told that this also means no appointments for potential adoptive families during this time and no one can leave the orphanages. We are not sure if the quarantine will affect our letter or the timing of our visit. (It is definitely affecting the families who are there now!) For now, we just wait. Please pray for the hands that process our paperwork and for the timing of our invitation as well as the families who are already in Ukraine or preparing to travel. We truly believe God is in control of this entire process and its timing.

I heard an interesting teaching recently on waiting. (I do LOVE Beth Moore.) It was regarding Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength..." Have you ever felt renewed by waiting?? As someone who has done a lot of sitting, waiting, and watching my dad rest in the hospital lately, I have to agree with Beth that waiting is exhausting! She went on to point out that the verse does not promise a renewal of strength just by waiting, we must be waiting on the LORD! Ah yes, that makes a difference. I'm off to wait upon the LORD, do my Bible study homework, and get a flu shot. ;-) Hope you have a wonderful day... and leave a comment for us. I love getting your feedback and knowing who stopped by to visit the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment