Thank you so much for all your prayers. Our appointment went very well. The psychologist that we met with at the SDA (State Department of Adoptions) was very cordial. We were a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of children’s files they have, but had no problem knowing which God wanted us to select from the files we were shown. Dan and I are in complete agreement about the child we asked to meet. She is an almost 11 year old girl currently living in the Donets’k region. (You can see where it is on google and/or weather.com.) I will not be able to share many details or photos until after things are finalized, but will do my best to keep you posted. We expect to receive our official referral Thursday afternoon and will take the overnight train (12hrs) to get to the town. On the plus side, our translator has worked with this orphanage before. On the negative, there are no apartments/hotels in the same town, so we will have to stay at a hotel in the next town and hire a driver… raises the budget quite a bit. A friend who is also adopting once said, “If it is God’s will, he’ll pay the bills.” We are trusting that to be true and continuing to follow His lead both for direction and provision. I’m not sure how much internet access we will have, but will post when we can…
Thanks again and keep praying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know if I have ever commented on your blog, but I'm very excited for you guys as you go to meet this little girl. We adopted our son 2 years ago from the southernmost part of Donetsk (the city of Mariupol). Praying for your travels and your meeting with the girl. Praying that God grants you peace and clarity!
ReplyDeleteJennifer